Welcome to Xata, we are excited for having you here!
Our Support team is looking forward to address any questions you may have in getting the most out of our service and tools.
1. How Can I Get Support from Xata?
You can get in touch with Xata Support in any of the following ways:
- By sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- By filling in the Contact Support form with or without signing in.
- Chat with us on our Discord #help channel - from where we may redirect you to one of the above contact methods for more advanced topics and discussions
While all methods are equally great, we recommend filling in the form as it provides additional features that are not available on plain email or chat, such as indicating your request priority and selecting a Workspace (if you have joined more than one) to associate the request with. This helps us provide a quicker turnaround and more accurate responses!
2. How do I sign in to the Xata Support portal?
You can sign in to our Support portal at https://support.xata.io with Single Sign On using a Google account, or you can fill in the registration form to create a username and password.
Please find more information on our article "Signing in to the Support Portal".
3. What are the available Support Plans?
Xata offers two levels of Support:
- Free: Applies to Workspaces that do not currently own any paid Units.
- Pro: Applies to Workspaces that own paid Units.
In order to chose the relevant workspace for your Support request and receive the respective Support Level for your tickets, use the Contact Support form while signed in to our Support Portal using the same email address with your Xata account.
Alternatively, you can note your workspace ID in your message if you use email (email@example.com) or the Contact Support form without signing in.
Contact us for additional Support coverage tailored to your production SLA requirements, with a custom Support Plan.
4. What are your response times to Support Requests?
The "Contact Support" form provides the ability to indicate to us how time sensitive the request is by setting your Urgency level, which helps us prioritize requests.
The Free level does not provide a guaranteed SLA, but we strive to reply to all requests within 3 business days. The Urgency of all requests in the Free support level is forced to Normal.
The Pro level provides priority support based on ticket Urgency, with a 2 business days SLA. We will strive to get back to you as soon as possible for Urgent priority issues.
5. How should I choose my request's Urgency in the Contact Form?
The request's Urgency field is reviewed by our Support team in order to address issues, depending on their perceived time sensitivity as reported by our users.
We trust our users will apply their best judgment regarding the request's urgency.
Here are some high level definitions to help you select the appropriate urgency level depending on the impact:
- Low: Non time-sensitive topics such as future enhancement suggestions
- Normal: The default level for all issues and questions while the relevant Xata workspace, databases and branches under it, all function well
- High: A Xata component such as a workspace, database or branch, is experiencing functional or performance issue to a limited extent while still responding to management and data operations
- Urgent: A Xata component such as a workspace, database or branch, is unavailable or failing to respond to critical management and data operations
Note that under the Free level of Support the enforced level of ticket Urgency is Normal, however we do maintain your selection for internal prioritization.
6. What kind of help can I expect?
Under the "Free" support level we provide break/fix support and general best practices. For consultative questions concerning implementation details that extend beyond Xata's components and APIs, we might offer consultation or point you to our community channels.
Under the "Pro" level of support we provide break/fix support, best practices and consultative assistance in order to ensure you will be successful with the implementation and integration of Xata in your use case.
As for means of communication, we provide support over email and from our Portal. In case it is determined that a call could be beneficial in the course of processing your request, we will schedule and arrange the call details using communications suite. We currently do not offer landline or mobile phone callback options.
7. What are your Support hours of operation?
Our business hours are 9am-6pm CET on regular weekdays. We can provide additional coverage under custom Support Plans.
Please sign in to leave a comment.